and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S ?

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Urban Decay Show Pony shadow box: Smokey Teal look // Mini drugstore haul

So i decided to do a teal look on saturday night for my friend's 22nd birthday. I was going to do a video tutorial but it was dark in my room because it's nightime already by the time i was getting ready so i decided to do a step by step still image tutorial :) I used the teal eyeshadow "painkiller" and shimmery peachy white "snatch" in the UD show pony shadow box.

Step 1: Of course, the first step is to always prime your lids because you dont want your hard work art to crease. And you want it to last longer.


Step 2: Apply painkiller e/s or any teal eyeshadow you have ( if you have mac graphic garden palette you can go ahead and use the teal e/s there because it looks exactly the same as the painkiller)


Step 3: Go in with "shadowy lady" on the outer half of the lid & blend the two colors together in the middle where they meet



Step 4: Apply a matte black e/s on the outer corner and feather it in with the two e/s we applied earlier. BLEND BLEND BLEND!


Step 5: Apply an off white matte e/s on the browbone for highlight. Then apply "snatch" (any shimmery white) on the tearduct using a finger to kind of blend.


Step 6: Apply the teal and black e/s we used on the lower lash line


Step 7: Line the eyes and waterline with a black eyeliner. Apply false lashes for a dramatic look (optional). Dont forget to use mascara to blend the falsies with your real lashes.



Here's the finished eyes!


and here's the whole look!


Products used:
FACE
Mac studio fix fluid nc40
Mac mineralized skinfinish natural in medium dark
Revlon new complexion concealer 02 light/medium
ELF blushed and bronzed duo ( bronzer side only)
NARS orgasm blush
EYES
UDPP
UD show pony shadow box
MAC shadowy lady
Annabelle ebony e/s
28 neutral palette (highlight e/s)
Loreal lineur intense
UD 24/7 glide on pencil in zero
The Face Shop falsies (xvi)
Maybelline collosal mascara
LIPS
MAC to swoon for l/s
Revlon pink whisper lipgloss

I also want to share my mini drugstore haul. All these items i got were on sale :)

NYC sunny bronzer $2.99
Revlon super lustrous l/s in pink in the afternoon & rose and shine $3.99
Rimmel celeb l/s $2.99
Revlon super lustrous lipgloss in life's a peach
L'oreal Bare natural mascara (dollarama) $2.00
Maybelline great lash mascara clear $3.99

The nyc brozer was so powdery and chalky as soon as opened the package and swatched it. I wanted to try and see what the hype was all about with this bronzer but it was a total disappoinment. It did nothing to my face. On to the mascaras, i was so lucky to find the loreal mascara at dollarama. i just wanted to try it. it was only $2! I purchased the clear mascara from maybelline to use on my eyebrows. I find it too liquidy as oppose to gel to use it on my lashes. We'll see how that goes!
As for the 3 lip products here's some swatches on my lips ( oh and i didnt open the revlon rose & shine yet because im thinking of returning or exchanging it)

Rimmel in celeb


Revlon in pink in the afternoon ( as you can see the rimmel one is shinier!)


Revlon life's a peach lipgloss

I've always thought before that my lower lip looks kinda swollen lol then i realized im one of those people blessed with plumped lips ( well atleast my lower lip!) hahaha

OH and for those who haven't followed me on twitter here's the link: aprilrovi THANKS LOVELIES!

5 comments:

Phoebe Limanta said...

that's such a pretty eye look! i've been looking for a nice teal eyeshadow because i don't have any! :D you totally inspired me :)

Kate Gene said...

Your eyes look amazing!

I'm loving the Revlon Pink in the Afternoon lipstick. I always wear light colors on my lips; this shade is gorgeous!

Great haul & post!

xx

Karen Law said...

The teal looks so pretty on you April! And I love the first two lipsticks you bought - Rimmel celeb and the Revlon pink in the afternoon ;)

Mz. More said...

You look so pretty, loving your eye makeup. Celeb looks gorgeous on you! I recently picked up Celeb and can't wait to wear it. :)

jalyssacakex said...

oh you are gorgeous! I think im going to try this look it looks awesome against your tan skin it reminds me of a kim kardashian look except hers was milked out with whites. thanks for sharing! =)